1.Harry Potter: Evanna Lynch made Luna’s dirigible plum earrings.
In the books of Harry Potter, Luna wears dirigible plum earrings, so Evanna Lynch showed up to the audition with a pair she’d made herself. They were so good she ended up wearing them for the film as well!
2. Tom Felton stole so much food that they had to sew his pockets shut.
At the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo, Felton admitted it. “The robes had these huge pockets. The rumor was that they sewed them up after the third film because I was sneaking food and drink onto set. I want to clear this up because that is absolutely true.” A pretty Malfoy thing to do, no?
3. When the director of Prisoner of Azkaban asked the three main actors to write essays on their characters, Emma wrote 16 pages while Rupert didn’t do it at all.
The director of the third film, Alfonso Cuarón, asked Rupert, Emma, and Daniel to write essays on their characters. Emma turned in 16 pages on Hermione, Daniel turned in what he felt was a very strong page on Harry, and Rupert didn’t do it at all. His excuse? Ron wouldn’t have.
4. Tom Felton lied about having read Harry Potter at his audition.
This is so in character I can’t even.
5. Rupert Grint is terrified of spiders in real life.
This definitely gave the Aragog scene a dash of realism.
6. Gary Oldman (Sirius) helped teach Daniel Radcliffe guitar.
Oldman and Radcliffe bonded over their love of music, and Oldman even apparently bought Dan a bass guitar. This is especially in character because Sirius sent Harry a firebolt as a gift in the films!
7. Emma Watson is incredibly smart and even attended Brown University while filming the movies.
You probably already knew this one, but still!
8. Which meant Emma spent less time on set and had multiple body doubles.
Or MAYBE Emma was just using a time turner.
9. James and Oliver Phelps, who played the Weasley twins, would play pranks on set.
One of the worst pranks they did involved convincing Rupert’s stunt double he was going to be fired for partying too late. They also loved to prank each other, like when Oliver bid on an item in James’ name at a charity auction and forced him to pay for it, then gave it to him as a “gift.”
10.Harry Potter: Rupert was doodling an unflattering drawing of Alan Rickman while filming a scene in Potions when he realized Rickman was standing right behind him.